For 16 years it has been embraced by its fans, honored by critics, and envied by its rivals. It has endured the test of time and satisfied a demanding public like no other game in history. It's been recognized as ‘the game the players play,' ‘the benchmark in sports video gaming,' and ‘the number one selling football video game in history.' It is MaddenNFL Football. Since its inception, the Madden NFL Football franchise has reigned supreme as the preeminent sports title in the video game industry. Selling more than 51 million units, the all-time best in North America, and bringing home a countless number of gaming awards, it's the most critically acclaimed sports title in history. This year the Madden NFL Football phenomenon celebrates its 17th Anniversary.
Gamestop Exclusive Inteview with premiere NFL quarterback for the Tennesee Titans and Madden 2008 cover boy Vince Young
1. So, the natural question, what are your thoughts/concerns on the supposed ‘Madden Curse'? No, no concerns whatsoever. I've always been a man of God and I put my faith in him to keep me healthy and if something happens it happens. But hopefully I'll be able to stay healthy and help my team make it to the Super Bowl.
2. What superstitions, if any, play into your own pre-game rituals? What's the most bizarre one you've ever witnessed? The only thing I do is put on my iPod and get jamming, maybe some dancing too. Can't say that I've seen anything bizarre…Kevin Mawae walks around the locker room in a Hawaiian skirt but nobody is going to say anything to him about it. Whatever it takes to get ready for a game
3. Of all your teammates, who would be the toughest to beat in a game of Madden? I've played against a lot of guys who take it serious. Probably the best I've played against on a regular basis is Roy Williams. He wins sometimes, I win sometimes. We have a lot of fun playing though.
4. After one year in the league, who's the hardest hitter in all of football? I would say either Sean Taylor from Washington or Robert Griffith from Arizona. I've watched lots of film on both of them and you always have to know where they are every single play. They can bring it big time. But after going to the Pro Bowl I have much respect for defensive players. They can be out there trying to make the big hit but and take you down but they're not out there trying to hurt you. Ray Lewis – tough guy and he comes to play but he treats you with respect.
5. Who had the best touchdown celebration of all time? No question, Ernest Givens doing the electric slide for the Oilers back in the day. I remember playing Pop Warner football back in Houston and everyone was doing it.
6. Of all the great players, both past and present, who would make up your “dream” backfield and receiver corps?Oh, I would have to say LT (LaDainian Tomlinson) in the backfield, Chad Johnson and Andre Johnson at receiver, Reggie Bush in the slot with Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates at tight end. Throw Deion Sanders in with my defense now and nobody's going stop us.
Wi-Fi Enabled Multiplayer—Play head-to-head against a friend over Wi-Fi, includingsingle-card mode that allows you to challenge anyone with a Nintendo DS, or play with upto seven other players in Wireless mode.
An All-New Look and Feel—A redesigned Touch Screen menu system makes it easier tofind and play all game modes. Use all-new Touch Screen controls to score touchdowns andkick field goals in Paper Football, an old-time classic made exclusively for the Nintendo DS.